There are 2 common UPS batteries, one is lithium battery, and the other is storage battery. With the rapid development of lithium battery technology, there are more and more cases of lithium battery applied in ordinary UPS power supply. Can lithium battery be used in ordinary UPS power supply?
Ordinary UPS power battery can use lithium batteries. Lithium batteries can be used as backup power for UPS batteries if the voltage and capacity are appropriate. Lithium batteries are used as energy storage power supply for UPS, which has many advantages. Compared with lead-acid batteries, lithium batteries also have higher efficiency in use. Therefore, nowadays, more and more UPS batteries like lithium batteries are appearing.
The anode and cathode materials of lithium batteries are mostly common metals, with numerous raw materials and low cost. Besides, lithium batteries have high stability, high safety and long cycle life, which is also convenient for cascade utilization and more environmentally friendly.
● raw materials: anode and cathode material and electrolyte have been gradually self-supporting, because the technical barriers of cathode material and electrolyte are relatively low, the cost advantage is obvious. High-end diaphragm materials are also highly dependent on imports, but domestic enterprises are gradually realizing import replacement, strong profitability.
● working environment: lithium battery UPS works normally at -20 -- 60 ℃, no need for air conditioning, reduce equipment installation cost, maintenance cost, electricity cost, etc.
● service life:: lithium battery cycle life reaches more than 2000 times, standard charge (5 hour rate) use, can reach 2000 times.
● charging and discharging: the UPS battery can be charged and discharged rapidly with a large current of 2C. Under the special charger, the battery can be fully charged within 40 minutes after the 1.5c charge, and the starting current can reach 2C.
●no memory effect: No matter what state the battery is in, it can be charged as needed, without first putting it down and then charging.
● environmental protection: lithium battery does not contain any heavy metals and rare metals, no pollution, in line with RoHS regulations, as a green environmental protection battery certificate. Therefore, lithium battery industry is optimistic, mainly due to environmental considerations.