The average battery life of a car is 2 years, and it can be used for more than 3 years if it is well maintained. The length of the battery life of the car is not only related to the structure and quality, but also inseparable from the usual use and maintenance. Many friends pay attention to their appearance when they give examples to their cars. There are few checks on batteries, and there are certain misunderstandings in their understanding. There is no corrosive material on the exterior of the battery pole post, as long as it is not loose. Corrosive substances appear on the surface, and corrosion will occur on the inner surface of the terminal block, resulting in an increase in the resistance value, which affects the normal charging and discharging of the battery, and must be handled in time.
When using a maintenance-free battery, it is simply considered maintenance-free without any maintenance. Although maintenance-free can reduce the maintenance cost and the number of times, it is still essential for the appearance of cleaning, so that "maintenance-free" is more directed to the inside of the battery.
When the liquid level is low, replenish the electrolyte or add purified water instead of the distilled water required. If the electrolyte containing sulfuric acid is added, the electrolyte concentration inside the battery will increase, boiling, acid mist and the like may occur, which seriously affects the service life of the battery. Instead of using distilled water instead of distilled water, the purified water contains various trace elements. , has a bad influence on the battery.
The density of the electrolyte is not checked and adjusted, especially in the winter, which causes insufficient battery capacity and even causes the electrolyte to freeze.
When the battery is started in winter, the starter is used continuously, causing the battery to be damaged due to excessive discharge.
In order to prolong the service life of the battery and avoid the occurrence of faults such as anchoring, we should pay attention to the following points in the maintenance of the battery:
1. Always check the color of the electric eye for maintenance-free batteries. Green is sufficient; black is insufficient power and needs to be recharged; gray or light yellow is insufficient electrolyte. Because the maintenance-free battery cannot be filled, the battery should be replaced immediately.
2. The battery should be placed securely on the vehicle to prevent the battery connection from falling off due to vibration during driving, resulting in power interruption.
3. Keep the battery surface clean. If solid oxides are found on the poles, they should be flushed with hot water in time to remove them, so as not to affect the continuity between the poles and the terminals. After cleaning, wipe the surface of the battery clean and put butter on the pole and the terminal to ensure that the pole is not oxidized.
4. Check the height of the electrolyte at least once a month. For batteries without marking lines, the electrolyte can be added to the high-polar plate 10-15mm; for batteries with two red lines, the electrolyte should not exceed the upper red line, otherwise the electrolyte may overflow and form self-discharge between the positive and negative electrodes. The engine is not easy to start, and the battery life is shortened.
5. Adjust the concentration of the electrolyte according to the region and season. The concentration of electrolyte in our northeast winter should reach 1.28 g/ml.
6. The car that has not been used for a long time should start the car every other month or so. It should run for about 20 minutes at medium speed. Otherwise, the time will be too long. The car will not start when the car is used.
7. The total length of time for each car is not more than 5 seconds, and the interval between restarts is not less than 15 seconds. In the case of multiple starts and still not in the car, you should find the cause from other aspects such as circuit, ignition coil or oil circuit. After the fault is removed, start the engine again, otherwise the battery will be over-discharged and affect the service life.