Common battery failure and battery repair methods
1. Battery imbalance: Most lead-acid batteries are not used alone, but multiple pieces are used together. For example, an electric car battery usually has three or four pieces together with one or two pieces of battery. It leads to other good and can't be used normally. This is called imbalance.
Battery repair method: Find the battery with the capacity, voltage, self-discharge, battery internal resistance and so on.
2. Loss of water in the battery: During the charging process of the battery, electrolysis of water occurs, generating oxygen and hydrogen, so that the water is lost in the form of hydrogen and oxygen, so it is also called gassing. Water plays a very important role in the electrochemical system of the battery. The reduction of water quantity reduces the ion activity of the reaction, reduces the contact area of sulfuric acid and lead plate, causes the internal resistance of the battery to rise, the polarization increases, and finally the battery capacity decreases. .
3. Sulfation of the battery: When the battery is discharged, lead sulfate is produced in the positive and negative electrodes. The positive electrode is easily converted into lead dioxide during charging due to the oxygen oxidation. The negative electrode is different and stored in long-term loss. Frequent over-discharge, long-term under-charging and other factors will gradually form a dense and hard lead sulfate layer on the surface of the negative electrode. Not only does the solubility itself decrease drastically, it is difficult to participate in the reaction, and at the same time, the electrolyte and deep active substances are blocked. Contact with the channel, resulting in a decrease in battery capacity.
Battery repair method: The battery is repaired by using a pulse repair instrument for the vulcanized battery. It uses a high-voltage (30v-50v) pulse (8330hz) small current (1%-2% of the battery's nominal capacity) for 10 to 20 hours. Time to remove the hard lead sulfate which becomes crystallized in the battery.
4. Plate softening: the plate is a multi-void material, and has a larger specific surface area than the plate itself. During the repeated charge and discharge cycles of the battery, as the different materials on the plate alternate, the pole will be The board space rate gradually decreases. In terms of appearance, the surface of the positive electrode plate is gradually softened from the beginning to become a paste, and the surface area is lowered, which causes a decrease in battery capacity. High current charging, discharging and overdischarging accelerate the softening of the plates.
Battery repair method: After discharging the battery for 10.5v, the battery is deeply discharged for 1-5 hours. The activated battery was then repaired using an activator.
5. Corrosion of the grid of the battery: The skeleton grid of the battery is made of lead alloy. Although it has strong corrosion resistance, long-term immersion in the acidic electrolyte will still cause metal corrosion, so that the grid will occur. The cracks even break, resulting in a decrease in capacity.
6. Short circuit of the battery: The positive and negative plates should be separated by a diaphragm (plate). However, if there is welding slag or dendrite penetration, the positive and negative plates are connected, forming a short circuit. A severe short circuit can cause the cell voltage to change. Zero, if the material causing the positive and negative connection itself has a large resistance, such as dendrites, it will not immediately make the cell voltage zero, but a faster self-discharge, commonly known as soft short circuit.发送反馈历史记录